Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Challenge #34 - Praising God for Word Art Wednesday and Our Awesome Design Team

It's a great new week here at Word Art Wednesday, and we're SO BLESSED to have you join us again this week.  If you've just found us, WELCOME.  We enjoy having you participate, and are grateful for the art you share.  We hope you will be blessed and inspired by our Design Team and the work they share.  Last week, we had our all time high in participation, AND our followers are growing as well.  God is blessing us, and it's wonderful to see how the Lord is working to help us spread His love.  Thanks for being part of it.

We'd like you to give you a closer look at our wonderful Design Team Members.  We're featuring one Design Team Member each week.  This week, we'd like you to get to know Gemiel Matthews a little bit better.  Gemiel has been with us from the beginning, and she shares her beautiful scrapbook layouts each week.  Gemiel is a Godly woman who is blessed with a wonderful God-fearing husband, and a handsome son named TJ (Tim Jr.).  This is a picture of her beautiful family.
Gemiel was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA but now calls Yorktown, Virginia her home.  She is proud to be part of a military family, and her husband is a retired US Air Force Officer, which is how they ended up in Virginia.  They have one son, TJ (Tim Jr.), who just turned 15.  Gemiel previously enjoyed a successful career in corporate America, but after the birth of her son, she decided to leave the work force and become a stay-at-home mom.  She has been a SAHM for most of her son's life, except for one year when she served as a staff member at her church.  Gemiel is very active in the Women's and Youth Ministries at her church, and also serves in the PTSA at her son's school.  Her desire is to live her life according to Matthew 5:16, "...Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and praise your father in heaven."   Gemiel's life goal is to live a life that is pleasing to God, and to serve the Lord and spread His message through her love for scrapbooking.  Her family strives to glorify the Lord in all that they do, and this is clearly reflected in the photos that she scrapbooks and shares here at Word Art Wednesday, as well as on her personal blog.  Please stop by and let Gemiel know that you appreciate her art and her love for the Lord.  I'm sure she will want to visit all of you in return.

As always, feel free to save our free weekly word art to your computer. You are welcome to use it in your entry, but not required to do so. As long as you use an encouraging or uplifting sentiment on your project, that is fine. You can also link more than one project each week. The more, the merrier. We just hope that God's Word will be a blessing and encouragement to you each week. If you have any questions about the rules, be sure to read the complete list of rules under our page tab for "Challenge Rules".

And......don't forget that next week is DOUBLE PRIZE WEEK again!
This week's lucky random WINNER
of a gift certificate from Shabby Cottage Studio
is entry #7 - Berni C.
I will contact them with your email address, and they will be
in touch with you to tell you how to claim your
gift certificate so that you can go shopping.
Congratulations, Berni, and enjoy your prize!
And thank you for your continued participation.

Our sponsor for this week's new challenge is
Eclectic Anthology
Eclectic Anthology has wonderful
digital images to use on your projects.
We appreciate their generous sponsorship.
Here is this week's free word art/scripture. We hope it will be a blessing to you.  We do realize there is a type-o in the verse.  Sorry.


















8 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

First let me say, Gemiel, you are a lovely lovely woman and I am proud to be your friend and DT sister! Secondly, I have truly enjoyed being a small part of the gang this month! Thanks so much for asking me to share with you all and I will continue to do so as much as possible! It has been a blessing!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I'm in charge of the art projects in VBS at my Church this week, so I've felt a little overwhelmed. Sorry I didn't link up yesterday, but here it is. Thanks for all the blessed inspiration, and may the Lord be with you.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Ladies, this is one of my fave verses. I also want to thank each one on this site for the sweet love given to me. And now, I see I am the random winner this week. Blessings and joy.
Karen, you are my Titus 2 woman.
Hugs in Christ

An'Jenic G. said...

Congrats Berni C. Wow I love that you all are feature a DT each week this is awesome and a great way to get to know each of them. I do personal know Gemiel and everything she do is for the Lord. She is a beautiful women in side and out. I'm happy I have meet her and have her in my life. I hope to join you all this week and TFS AJ~

HeARTworks said...

Thanks for the introduction to Gemiel- I'll be sure to visit. Patsy from
HeARTworks

Natalie said...

Lovely samples and what a blessing to get to know a bit more about Gemiel!!

Mynn xx said...

Thanks for the challenge! I hope I'm making things crazy by uploading a paper card--I know you're used to digis from me! ;) Fabulous DT work--I do hope to do a digi tonight! :)

Cindy in Wisconsin said...

LOVE this verse and it's perfect for so many occasions that I make cards for! Thanks for sharing!